Friday, September 9
- 1 p.m. Schooners assemble at Ledge Lighthouse
- 1:15 p.m. Schooners begin Parade of Sail led by the Wronowski tug PATRICIA ANN
- 1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Weapons “A” School graduation from Sub School
- 12 – 5 p.m. Tours of Navy destroyer USS Ramage at Fort Trumbull State Park
- 2 P.M. – 2:30 Schooners reach City pier and tie up
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Vessels docked at City Pier open for tours/inspection
- 3 p.m. Welcome Ceremony at City Pier Plaza features remarks from assembled dignitaries and awards/presentations to the commanding officers of the sub base and the sub school, plus a Community Spirit Award. Musical performance by Tom Callinan
- 5 p.m. Concert performed by the Newport-based Navy Band Northeast in City Pier Plaza
Saturday, September 10
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vessels docked at City Pier open for tours/inspection
- Small boat sailing throughout the day in New London Harbor
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tours of Navy destroyer USS Ramage at Fort Trumbull State Park
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Static displays under the navy tent
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Great New London Chowder Challenge
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Free photos against a maritime backdrop by Tap Snap event photo service in City Pier plaza
- 1 p.m. whaleboat races
- 2 p.m. Musical performance, Songs of the Sea, by singer/songwriter Tom Callinan
- 4 p.m. Coast Guard Band—Brass Quintet concert at City Pier Plaza
Sunday, September 11
- 8:40 a.m. 9/11 remembrance ceremony at City Pier. Event organized by the Groton Area Chief Petty Officers Association and Chief Selectees from the Sub Base.
- Program will include appropriate remarks and musical selections from Coast Guard Academy cadets, a local choral group, Cono Dolce, and elements of the New London Fire Department’s bag pipe band. A Navy honor guard will provide a rifle volley and the sub base’s saluting battery will contribute to the ceremony as well.
- The program will include first responders on the tug PATRICIA ANN, which will be positioned off the pier to render a salute. Flowers donated by local florists will be placed on the water in a gesture of remembrance.
- Following this, the Navy chiefs will conduct a formal flag retirement ceremony.
- Mid-day: Arrival at City Pier of the Oliver Hazard Perry
- 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.Tours of Navy destroyer USS Ramage at Fort Trumbull State Park
- 4 p.m. Students from New London, Groton and Ledyard boarding of Oliver Hazard Perry for a five-day sail training adventure to Newport, R.I.